Alexa and the DVLA Conversational Bot
We recently used this example of how NOT to build a digital voice application at the London AI and Robotics conference. It was well received so we decided to animate and share it.
This Alexa skill by the DVLA illustrates many things to avoid, whether you’re building a home voice assistant skill or implementing a full digital self service application on your phone channel. The key things to watch out for in the animation are:
- Create solid customer intent recognition – if your customers struggle to access your service all your efforts are wasted.
- Don’t build menus instead of a conversation – this technology is not ‘the new IVR’.
- Anticipate all forms of customer response – you won’t get it right at the start but continuous improvement is an essential part of the operational success.
- Allow customers to take control – design it for novice and frequent users so that both get a good experience.
- Don’t overload the customer with information…use the right channel – combine voice and digital channels to communicate information back to the customer.
- Let the customer decide when the conversation is over – allow the customer to pick up where they left off.
We can help you to build the most effective and engaging customer conversations. Design for humans. On the phone and online.
Please get in touch.
Why is it still so hard to get insight from customer conversations? We look at the tools and techniques you need to apply and explain why there is so much more to Conversation Analysis than solution suppliers want you to think.
David was recently a guest on the Call Centre Helper podcast, where he discussed some of the many AI misconceptions but also where it’s making a difference to customer interaction today and the promise of technologies such as predictive routing, biometrics and chatbots.
In this article we’ll look at the four different ways in which you can deploy AI into your business and give you some of the pros and cons of each.
Customers still want to speak to you. How can you deliver great self service experiences on the phone? We are doing this with clients today through Digital Voice. Find out how